Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Yes, this is entirely about an Expansion



            With my first set of twins, I knew that the house would need considerable work before being comfortable with the new additions. I worked on remodeling throughout my second pregnancy.



            It was all finished shortly after I gave birth to Francis and Frederick.



            Mother’s bedroom became Infant Central. She protested this loudly.



            I did not have quite enough money to do an extensive renovation of the downstairs (especially with the price of kitchen appliances). A fresh coat of paint and new floors went further than I would have thought though.



            “Oh, do not tell me you put my picture in the bathroom!



            Most of my savings went towards creating the second floor.



            Mother did not supply many forms of entertainment for us when Odie and I were children. I wanted my family to have plenty of activities to select from. Most provided mental nourishment as well.


            There was a small bathroom upstairs as well, but that was not so exciting. I did manage to get a good deal on buying a used toilet, sink, and shower though.



            The largest reason I sunk so much money into the upstairs was for space for the bedrooms. I had four children, and I wished for each of them to have their own room. Sharing a bunk bed in the kitchen/dining room had given me an appreciation for privacy. Kyle and I decorated the rooms together, and then he nicknamed each one.
            The Green Room.



            The Blue Room.



            The Pink Room.



            And The Brown Room. Although sweet, he was, admittedly, not the most creative man.
            When the time came, I would allow the children to choose their own spaces. It could potentially prove interesting.



            I had thought that a major expansion would make any problems with having so many infants in the house vanish. I underestimated the amount of work required to keep the wailing to a minimum though. Sleep became a luxury I could not often afford.



            And then, when my mind had a spare moment to think, I was plagued by worries of genetics. I often compared the two sets of twins, looking for any noticeable differences between them. “If you had listened to me, you wouldn’t have these fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment