Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Sunday, June 22, 2014

In No Need of Grieving



            Odie was not quite an adult yet when Mother died. I never thought she’d be a teenager when fully in my care. Things did not change drastically because of it. For grieving purposes, I did allow her to skip school on Friday with minimal scolding. I did not need time and went to work as normal.
            After work Friday, I gave Odie my support. Saturday, however, I had plans for myself. I had trouble suppressing smiles in front of my still hurting sister.



            I did get my solemn act together while we finished off the last two bowls of Mother’s macaroni and cheese. It tasted fairly alright for having been in a cheap fridge for several days. And for it having been Mother’s first time using a stove.



            Dedrick was over in less than twenty minutes after I called him. I thought perhaps we could have some privacy in the bathroom, but Odessa still barged in on us. “So this is how you’re grieving Mom, huh?”
Odie was upset and Dedrick did not help when he mentioned, “You must be the result of the creation I accidentally saw. It would be smart of you to leave us alone, unless you want to witness a similar act.”



            I told Dedrick which bedroom was mine and then asked him to meet me there. “Odessa,” I started, wanting her to take me seriously. “Please allow me to act in private in my own house.”
“Whatever. I hope you feel bad that The Beagle misses Mom more than you! And she was nasty to him!”



            Once I had Odessa at bay, I finally learned of the adult wonders I could experience with Mother not around to pester my choices.



            You could say I was busy.



            Very busy.


            It was just after a blissful encounter with Kyle that I first heard it. It was like a whisper in my mind. A terrible, terrible, familiar whisper. “So this is what you do when I’m away?



3 comments:

  1. Who whispered????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that's Vienna isn't it? If so it will be great to still get to hear her comments X3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't leave my girl out for long haha :)

      Delete