Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Waiting



            Dequan (or David) had boosted my morale so high that I entertained the idea of speaking with the deceased instead of just zapping them right off the bat.



            I believe it is better in theory than practice though. Ghosts can be so rude, not wishing to hear about my years of fame. I thought it was interesting that we both had past lives in a way.



            No amount of good loving can make me withstand being yelled at, so I went back to the banshee banisher.



            I fell back into the drab weekday routine, no call from my last lover to shake things up. I’d come home exhausted and find Aspen already asleep.



            Then I’d sleep until after she left for school. To pass the time until work, I’d sometimes clean up a bit.



            The toilet happened to be particularly dirty when the first waves of nausea rolled over me. I tried to force the sick feeling away, refusing to put my face so close to that filth.



            I found myself with little choice about the matter when the second bout hit.



            I decided to not tell Aspen of her pending sibling at first, and she paid no attention to my staying home from work or my frequent bathroom trips.



            My second pregnancy moved smoothly given the circumstances. I couldn’t help but fantasize about Darren bursting through the door one day to proclaim his love for me and our child. It’d be just like in one of my movies, Oops, You’re Pregnant Again.



            Still, no phone call came.



            And there were only bills in the mailbox.



            And when the idiotic burglar broke into my measly home, he did not show to fend them off.



            Instead, I had to fake being asleep until they occupied the bathroom. I made a hushed call to the police, all the time wondering if the bouncer could be a better champion.



            Thanks to a sneezing fit, a cop was able to arrive in time to arrest the burglar. I sent a text message to Dahlin about the whole mess.



            I did not get an instant response, and had to give up checking in order to explain what happened to a very confused Aspen. Then I was left with the joy of learning how to reinstall a toilet after a robber fails to make off with it.


1 comment:

  1. Gah, at least the cops made it. I hate burglars at the beginning of a legacy I wonder how the new baby will turn out, shame that drunken D isn't a keeper.

    ReplyDelete