Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Friday, June 20, 2014

Between Terms and Second Term



            I earned straight A’s throughout my first term. My professors all liked me, even the one that complained that I could try harder. There was nothing higher than an A, so why overextend myself?



            I returned to the dorm to find a congratulations present from Kyle in the mail. He was lucky that I really had done well, otherwise his preemptive mailing could have been insulting. I did appreciate the small painting and hand written note.



            The next morning began the small break between terms. I kicked mine off by catching up on some cleaning.



            And then I searched for opportunities to make some money to bring home. That’s how I learned that students with high grades could be supplied extra funds. All I had to do was walk into a building and sign some papers to earn five thousand simoleons!



            After receiving my money, I stumbled upon a group of women outside the science building. They were operating some marvelous piece of machinery, and I knew I had to get some of that action.



            I played around with it for a while, but then I learned that just because I knew something about logic, did not mean that I knew a thing about science. The women were nice enough though, one even asked me to come to a party that night.



            I got caught up in a call from Kyle, who encouraged me to go. “You deserve some fun!”



            The party had themes of heavy drinking. I had my first sip of juice.



            And then I had a whole lot more. To be perfectly honest, the rest of the party was somewhat of a blur.



            Over the rest of my break, I looked for simpler ways of having fun. I purchased a bag load of comics.



            And then I went out and got even more funding. I used some of it to purchase my very own laptop. Not only did it have video games, but I could imagine all the help it would be for studying.



            I also improved my cooking some more.



            Second term started and people had to give up on some of their partying ways. I returned to rereading a few textbooks, and the dorm returned to its dirty state.



            By the end of the term, some of my roommates were very disappointed.



            I was not one of them. Not only was I on the dean’s list, but I also only needed one more term—a light one—to get my degree.



            I left the wonderful dorm to return to my mother’s with a smile on my face.



No comments:

Post a Comment