Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Bed Problems



            “Mooooommm, you cannot keep letting Odie sleep outside!” I failed to buy Odessa a proper bed for several days after she aged into a child. I hadn’t noticed she no longer fit in a crib right away, and then there was the space issue. Somehow the little bug had found herself a sleeping bag and was camping outside. I thought this meant everything was resolved, but then Aspen began nagging me. “She doesn’t even like the outdoors!” Let’s be perfectly honest, it’s hard to look at her face. Painful even. So, to make my eldest leave me alone, I agreed to make arrangements for Odessa to begin sleeping inside.



            I did not yet have quite enough money to be able to afford the luxury suite I really wanted. Unfortunately, as a mother, I was forced to begin the remodeling early. While construction was underway, I took the girls out for some shopping.



            I was doing everything right, spending time with them even, and they still complained! Oh, children are the absolute worst. Aspen would not be quiet about needing to eat. Odessa simply whined about being bored at the consignment shop.



            I, on the other hand, found something quite fun to do at the lackluster shop. It’s funny. Back in my real life, I had dozens of video game systems lying around. I never played with them. All it took for me to become hooked was being broke in a hick town, having to pass time in a secondhand store.



            The girls entertained themselves with books, which really says something about their characters. What, I do not know. Perhaps that they’re both lacking in personality? Or socially awkward? I never had to read much, always getting by on my superior looks, and so had little knowledge of what could be so interesting about them.



            Our next stop was to get lunch. Midway through I received word that everything at the shed was complete, and so I hurried back.



            I may have forgotten a few things in my rush.



            It was still upsetting to see that the shed, although slightly larger, was just as ugly and unworthy of housing me as before. Would I ever see my beautiful sparkling high-rises again?



            Through the entrance, one was still faced with a room that was partially a kitchen and partially a bedroom. Bunk beds were a nice touch, convenient enough for me to be more than okay with stopping at two kids. Unless Dawson finally came back to me and wanted more.



            The kitchen expanded. I hadn’t had enough for a proper stove yet, which might’ve actually been a good thing. I really don’t know how to cook.



            And then, the pièce de résistance, my bedroom. Shamefully, I was too low on funds for a spa, so a soaking tub would have to do. At least I had a separate room with a door that could keep daughters out.



            Nearly giddy, I tested out my new bed and bath right away. It would have been very enjoyable had I not had the awful feeling that I was forgetting something.



            “Oh well,” I had thought. “Can’t be too important.”



            Night had already started in by the time Odessa marched home. She barked at me that I’d forgotten her and that I was a terrible mother, blah blah blah. Then she noticed that I had been scanning the yard for spirits and became too intrigued to be angry any longer.



            Aspen came back awhile later, also harping on about my bad memory.



            Aspen attempted to make dinner, which I refused.



            And then the two put themselves to bed. Problem solved.





3 comments:

  1. Odessa does have a point, Vienna is a terrible mother :p but she'd funny so I can forgive her. I also love the idea of a glammed up bedroom existing inside a crappy bungalow, it's just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I treasure each and every chapter! Absolutely love your Sim, her self-centered glee is made personable by your writing style. I despair that she'll every learn to put other's first, but every now and then I see glimmers of possibility that keep me rooting for her. Her dry wit makes my day. Kudos on a great legacy. You should post on Forums so we know when you update, plus maybe upload your selfish sim to the Exchange. She's hideously beautiful inside and out!
    Blessings,
    MissCee

    ReplyDelete