Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Home Life



            I let no time go to waste before uploading my resume complete with degree.



            And I received word shortly that I’d be given a second chance in the law enforcement career. This time they were starting me as a patrol officer making one hundred and sixty-nine simoleons an hour. It was a fantastic offer, yet Mother could not even pretend to be happy for me. “I made that a minute when starring in How to keep your Vampire Boyfriend Secret from your Werewolf Boyfriend.”
“That’s a bloated title.”
“It was a phenomena! Deserved every word.”



            Mother continued to live in her fantasy world.



            And I suppose, if I’m going to be honest, Odie survived much in the same way.



            I remained solidly planted in the actual world. I began work and was promoted in short time. Hearing my boss say that I was lieutenant material, it enflamed my passion for work. I did not so much enjoy ruining criminals’ days, but I did love the praise I received from it.



            Along with my promotion came my very own patrol vehicle. I decided to help ground Odie by offering her driving lessons.



            She accepted and I immediately learned just how terrifying she could be behind the wheel.



            Sometimes snow cones were not enough for Mother. I knew she was lonely, even though she denied it.



            Instead of solving this with her daughters, she decided to befriend some other family’s pet dog.



            Odessa could have used more guidance. With work, I did not have enough time to be the only adult she needed. I did my best in trying to tutor her though, hoping to at least get her grades up to a D average.



            Ever since I became heir, Mother largely forgot about Odessa. The only thing that brought my younger sister back into her graces was when she got a boyfriend. It was a bit of a shock. Odie attended prom and came back with a photo of herself in a boy’s arms. He was very good looking—athletic build, shiny blonde hair, charming eyes. When she announced this was her new boyfriend, Mother tried to rename Odie as heir. And then she ‘argued with the witch in her head’ over whether or not she was allowed to do this. She was not, turns out.


1 comment:

  1. Haha Vienna is still the best. I'm going to miss her once she's gone... Until she comes back :3

    ReplyDelete