Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Final Term



           Even Mother came out to see me off on my second time leaving for college. Although, I couldn’t be sure whether or not she was simply mocking Odie.



            I chose a different dormitory. It was shockingly similar to my previous residence. I downgraded to a single bed, but at least there was a fireplace.



            And an easel. I was only staying for one term, taking a single class every day. I’d have plenty of free time. Painting would have to become one of my hobbies. I was by no means an artistic person, but I’d need some rudimentary skills to further in my future career.



            I skipped the student meet and greet, and instead bowled with one of my professors. I wanted to impress him to really secure an A.



            Bowling turned out to not be in my set of skills. Oh well, I’d simply have to rely on my own merit.



            I only needed to study for a few hours every day.



            The rest of the time I painted.



             I made minor improvements.



            Abstract appeared to be my forte, if I could even call it that.



            One of my roommates set the kitchen on fire once. Of course that is what I get for wanting to only cook a meal for myself.



            A physical education major extinguished the fire. I extinguished her.



            One evening, my lecture was overtaken by a rebel. It was such a waste of everyone’s time.



            The professor didn’t quite know how to react after she finally relinquished the podium.



            With little surprise, I passed my final exam with flying colors. I happened to see the man I hit in the face with a Frisbee, and he did not look too happy with his results. Hopefully, I did not give him any brain damage.



            I finally earned my degree, with nothing below an A for a grade.



            I did not expect to see anyone from home at the ceremony. Kyle, Odie, and even Mother arrived just in time though.



            Odessa felt uncomfortable with the large crowd inside, especially when she couldn’t find a fast escape route. She spent my graduation outside, being kind enough to hold up an umbrella for someone who was soaked to the bone.



            I hadn’t felt the need to wear a traditional cap and gown for the ceremony. With my diploma, was there really any question that I was a graduate?



            For the first time in my life, I had feelings of pride that felt too big for my body. This must have been how Mother felt in her imaginary life. It was quite addicting.





3 comments:

  1. Will this be the only update today? (I hope not) I am really loving Generation 2!

    I've just updated Ashleigh and Aaron. And there is a wedding in the snow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've already uploaded more. :) I'm going to go check this wedding out now. :D They're such a pretty couple.

      Delete
  2. I love Aspen :3 she's a real change from Vienna but still good in her own ways :D

    ReplyDelete