Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Family



            For the birthday party, Freddie had brought over a cheese plate that he’d made. I guess he and Trish talked, because she all of a sudden had it in her head that my relationship with my twin mattered.



            She made all the kids come over and try their ‘favorite uncle’s’ food.



            And then she had the audacity to nag me when I chose a corn dog over a plate with some cubed cheese on it. Of course the mindless sheep kids joined her. “C’mon Daddy! It’s really really good!”



            They wouldn’t shut up until I abandoned my delicious pronto pup in favor of a bland and cheap appetizer.



            I changed to get ready for work. Everyone else scrambled to go do whatever it was that they did. Except for Claude. “I cannot believe Trish is into a criminal like you.”



“Now now, it’s not natural for a boy to love his mother. You’ll end up blind.”



“She is not my mom! I don’t know why you guys keep saying that!”



            Slowly, my part genie kids began to discover their magic. I had a little bit of hope of taking down the witch. Grandma shared in it.



            For the most part, they didn’t seem to care much about their abilities. They’d rather play like normal kids. Such a shame.



            Hans, on the other hand, was obsessed with their hovering. He wanted to know when his superpowers would come. I didn’t want to discourage him, well I just didn’t really feel like talking to him, so I kept quiet about his mundaneness.




            At some point, Claude aged.



            Teenaged hormones only made his attraction for Trish worsen.



            And that led to the other kids keeping their distance from Creepy Claude. Couldn’t fault them for being smart.





No comments:

Post a Comment