Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Party for Some



            I decided to invite the whole family over for the triplets’ birthday, because why the hell not? I didn’t particularly feel like catching up with many of them. It would be nice to rub my success in their faces though.



            Freddie badgered me about why we never talked anymore. It was like he forgot what an ass he was during my engagement. At least he told me how great the house was, commenting extensively on the impressive cleanliness. I decided not to tell him that it took a maid, a butler, and a rundown ex-heiress to make it that way.



            While we were talking, Cousin Greg ran up to us. “Bro, this place freakin’ nuts!” Since when did he become a surfer douche?



            He then went on to manhandle one of my offspring.



            Seeing Milton was a great pleasure. Ha! He really let himself go.



            Lois, now the mother of three, made an ass of herself when she showed off her piano skills, or lack thereof. Kylie and Odie were nice enough to pretend to be interested. I wondered how my aunt was even still alive.



            When I felt like it, I brought Narissa down to the table I had bought specifically for the occasion. I held her up to the candles, trying not to let it bother me that my rude family hadn’t cared to turn up for the main event.



            “I didn’t get a cake,” Claude muttered.



            Narissa aged into a cute enough little girl. I expected no less of her. “Don’t get cocky. She’s still blue.



            Of course Milton came running when he heard the cake was ready.



            The whole family migrated to the kitchen for the cake eating part. No one seemed disturbed by my yelling fit upon discovering that there wasn’t a single piece left for me. I’d really grown fond of sweets since my pregnancy. Sweets and fried goods.



           I gave my only daughter a gift containing plenty of pink stuff I happened to find lying around. “Happy birthday.”
“Party.” I didn’t understand her response, but whatever.



            Narissa wanted to dance, so Trish and I did just that with her, effectively forgetting about the guests and other toddlers.



            And Claude, who fell into the pool. I think he just wanted to steal away Narissa’s limelight.



            While they didn’t age in front of a cake or loosely related adults, my other sons were treated to me being present while they became children.



            I’ll admit, Hans did give Narissa a run for her money in the looks department.



            He and James decided to share the pink bedroom, leaving the darker one for Narissa. I suppose Claude too. Hopefully he wouldn’t take his crushes to a new level of creepy and inappropriate.



No comments:

Post a Comment