Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Not an Update--A Note from Me

            My partner has preordered Sims 4 for me for my birthday, because they love me very much (and are a bit of an enabler of my obsession). I am really looking forward to playing this new game, but there is a downside unfortunately. In order for my computer to be able to handle it, I think I will need to take all my Sims 3 games off. I’ll store my favorite saves and mods and custom content on a flash drive. It’d be pretty impractical to have to keep loading it all up again though.
            Anyways, the point of this is to say that this prettacy has a deadline of September 2nd. I knew this was coming for awhile, so I have an ending in mind (it’s very loose since I let the game lead the story for the most part). I have a few goals I must complete before bringing the end to this family though. They are:
·        Get to generation five at the very least
·        Have over 700,000 simoleons
·        End with an heir that can be considered attractive by Vienna’s standards (or the witch’s, since she’d probably be less picky :) )

If I don’t complete these goals, then I guess I’ll just have to put off playing Sims 4. I think I can do it though.

            I really want to thank everyone (again and again and again!) who is reading this. I never thought it’d get as much attention as it has. I’ve been writing for fun since I was about five years old, and this has been a great way to express my hobby. A few years ago, I never showed anyone (except sometimes my mom and best friend) any of my writing. Well, I guess teachers too, but that’s kind of forced. Sharing this to you guys has been a great experience. I’m starting to get a bit less shy. (I’ve posted in three different forums now—a big moment for me haha.) Because of this, I will make sure that this story has a proper ending, even if it doesn’t get to the ten generations.

            If anyone is curious, I plan to start writing for Sims 4 right from the get-go. I’ve always made up stories while playing Sims (don’t we all?), and I don’t want to lose the nerves that I’ve gained over the past few months. I’m thinking of doing something along the lines of a baby challenge, only with different rules, since I can’t seem to stick to those. It’d be like a generational baby challenge. Gotta keep it fresh haha.

            Well, I guess this was a thank you note plopped inside a warning.

                        Thank you guys so much!
                                    -MagPie



PS, I’m one of the lucky ducks who snagged a create-a-sim demo. I didn’t want to ruin the surprise of the game, but I can’t very well let it go to waste. Most of my free time is going to the legacy. I did make these ladies though. CAS is very fun in this game, although I haven’t quite gotten a good handle on it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment