Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Monday, August 11, 2014

Prom



            Mom totally ‘let’ me buy a tablet for myself for high school. She’d still never come right out and said that all the money was really mine. I obviously knew that it was since I was in control of it though. Duh! Anyways, it was handy for learning new skills and instant messaging losers from school. I could even do both at the same time.



            When school started, all the girls threw themselves at Hans. It was totes sick, but it made me sorta popular by default. After our first day, I knew I had to make sure people knew I was affiliated with him somehow. Being one of his triplets just wasn’t good enough either. I asked him to be my best bestie for life.
“Really, me? Why not James? You guys share all those cool powers.”
I was gonna say that I could have more than one best bestie. Then I thought about that and knew that I couldn’t. I loved both my brothers, but I’d rather have Hans. And not just because of his popularity. He was a cool guy in general and we got along like butter and toast. “C’mon Hans, we’re totally the brains of this triplet operation. Be my best bestie for life!”



            Hans was really appreciative of my offer. I couldn’t wait to throw it in all the girls’ faces at school.



            I got so caught up in the excitement that I didn’t notice Jellybean eavesdropping.



            “Narissa, I must say that I always thought we would share that title.”
“Uhhh, sorry Jellybean,” I said, not knowing what else I could say. “Could you maybe start calling me Issy? That’s what people are doing at school. It’s super cute, right?”
“I suppose I could do that.” He sighed. “This school place sounds really exciting. I wish I could go with you.”
“That would be rad. But people already think I’m kinda nuts. Like I totally thought I was alone and started talking to Dad, but then I heard some people laughing. If you came with me, then I’d look like I was even more crazy!”
“I know, Issy. It is hard sometimes to be an imaginary friend though.”
Technically, he isn’t one. He only shares the body and properties of one. I created him, not your imagination.
“This is not the time Witch Lady!”







            The next day after school was prom. I was so excited! I’d only been in high school for two days, but people totally knew who I was. I mean, I wore the cutest shoes and had the hottest guy for my bestie for life. Oh, and brother. I could barely contain my excitement on the bus ride home!



            I’d already been wearing one of my cuter dresses for hours by the time the limo finally showed up.



            “Is that really a dress? I thought it was a shirt or an incredibly inappropriate nightgown by the length. I demand you go back inside and change!
Francis, you’re finally learning how to be a father. I am very proud.



            Hans ended up chickening out of going to the dance. Even though everyone loved him, he was pretty shy and didn’t like all the attention. More for me!



            Only James and I went from my family. Claude wanted to stay home too. He hardly ever left my house when he didn’t have to.



            Prom was so freaking cool! My bro and I won prom royalty, which was kinda weird, but then they said we could pick out other people for our dance. James got turned down by some mega-bitch, so I took her date. Then me and her got into a fight. Oh and there were the most amazing decorations! Under the sea! It was so original!
            I felt soooo great after the dance, that I was able to magically clean the whole house on my first try. “Nice one!” the witch congratulated me.



            I loved a sparkly clean house. Almost as much as I loved dances.




            And, as always, my faithful Jellybean was waiting by the door for me to get home. He let me tell him all about prom without ever losing his smile.






No comments:

Post a Comment