Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Claude's Party



            Daddy might have been right when he said that I was cursed. I had a lot of fun getting to spend time with him at first. And then I got to meet my grandma and Vienna. I felt so special, and it was really funny to listen to everyone argue. Usually kids got kicked out of the room when adults were being mean to each other.
            It wasn’t only fun after a while though. They all wanted different things from me. The lady that told me to call her Vienna really wanted me to make a pretty baby, which was totes gross! The witch wanted me to learn how to use my magic to make my life better, and Dad wanted me to use it to end the curse. Grandma wanted me to do better in school, but it was really hard with all of them always talking. They were louder than my teachers.



            Sometimes it was fun to play with my brothers and ignore everyone in my head. When I was busy with Hans and James, Jellybean usually left me alone. He said they couldn’t see him, and that made both me and him sad.



            Hans and I played outside until it started to get dark out one day after school. We didn’t do our homework, but nobody was going to make us! Mom was out of town (she didn’t care about our homework anyways) and that left Claude in charge. He barely even talked to any of us triplets.
“Did you hear them arguing before she left?” Hans asked me.
“Hear who?” I asked, even though I knew. They’d been fighting a lot about her vacation.
“Claude and Mom. He really didn’t want her to go.”
I sang “Claudey misses his mommy!” a few times, making Hans laugh so hard that he almost fell off his horse.
I knew he was a creep.
One can only blame the parents.
It’s your fault he even existed.
“Narissa?” Hans asked like he’d been saying it a million times before. “Are you okay?”
“Yeah,” I shrugged. “I’m just super hungry. Wanna bet that Claudey doesn’t know how to cook?”



            There were a couple of teenagers hanging around in my house. I’d never seen them before. “I’m starving,” I said to James when I saw him.
“Have you ever been so hungry that a plate of food just appears in your hands?”
“No!” I said. “Is that real?”
“That is one of your abilities.”
“Not fair,” I whined. “Why does James always get to learn everything first?”
“What?” my brother asked.
“Nothing. Who are all these people?”
“I think Claude is trying to throw a party.”
That was really funny!



            Claude came into the kitchen, so I had to ask him. “Claudey, are you throwing a party?”



“So what if I am?”
“It’s really boring and sad. You should have let me throw it. It’d be better.”
“Whatever twerp. Go to bed or whatever.”
“I’m not tired. I’m hungry.”
“Watcher! You’re so annoying!”



            Claude went into the bathroom and came out with different clothes. I ran to him and began to tell him all the reasons his party sucked. And I also reminded him of the fact that I was starving and wanted food!



            He ignored me and kept looking behind me at something. “Gotta do it,” he mumbled. “Shouldn’t have left me.”
“What?” He ignored me and I watched as he tried to flirt with some poor girl.



            James eventually made food appear for me and Hans. Then I spent the rest of the night trying to teach the stupid teenagers how to throw a party. You were supposed to dance, not just get all gross on each other!





2 comments: