Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Friday, August 15, 2014

Not Home



            I started to not spend so much time at home. I still wasn’t going to school, but I’d leave like I was. Then I’d zoom over to the park with my strings and play until it was dark out. Being the heir meant that I was the only one who knew about our sitch. Bills were crazy high, but the simoleons Daddy left were not.
            I didn’t want to, like, upset anyone about something stupid like money though. I wasn’t going to go around my house selling stuff. They’d know, and I liked my stuff. Playing for tips in the park was such a great alternative. I got lots of practice and was getting my face out there!



            I kinda missed home though. And my brothers. Just a little. They got to enjoy my pad while I had to go earn it. That’s totally not how I felt, cause that’s bitter and I’m not a bitter person. Still, they could’ve at least done the dishes more or something! Just because I was an amazingly gifted genie didn’t mean that they should be slackers.



            Mom didn’t notice that I was gone all the time. Well, if she did, then she didn’t say anything. I really don’t think she knew though. She was too concerned about getting old.



            She spent soooo much time in front of the mirror, worrying about wrinkles. She looked totally fine though.



            Claudey was the only one of us she’d listen about whether or not she was ancient. They talked about it a lot. Actually, in the little bits of time I spent at the house, they were pretty much always together. Even in weird places. Like the bathroom.



            I asked Hans about why Mom liked Claudey so much better than the rest of us. He was too busy doing homework and working his musical geniusness to notice though.



            And James spent too much time chatting on the computer to have any dirt on what made Claudey so good.



            I worked waaaaay too hard for a teenager. Most of the time, I was super tired. So, I decided to get over being bugged by Mom liking Claude best. If they wanted to be besties, so be it. At least I had Hans. And Jellybean. And sometimes James.



            I needed to enjoy the little amount of time I had to hang around with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment