Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Waking up


            I’d had the strangest dream. There’d been some brat lecturing me on ethics in my new apartment. When I started to come around, I felt sort of off. My body felt heavier than normal and my face wasn’t quite right. Not to mention, my back was incredibly sore. I hadn’t spent much time at my current place, but I should have noticed a low quality bed right away.



            I forced myself up, perturbed by deafening bird chirps. Didn’t take me long to figure out why they were so loud—there wasn’t a wall and a fourteen story high drop separating me from nature. “Oh shit,” my first complete thought started. “I didn’t pass out in some park again, did I? Brad is going to kill me!”



            But I wasn’t in a park. I was in some sort of bizarre room. Across from me was a disgusting toilet and a tacky mirror. I looked down at my pants, confused by the rough texture of the fabric. I was wearing jeans! And hideous ones at that! I hadn’t worn jeans since my last movie, Falling for a Glitter Vamp. What in hell had I been doing last night?



            Never one to shy from a mirror, I strode over to the one on the wall, preparing to assess the damage. A freak alien face stared back. A shockwave zipped through me! I jumped back, then slowly dared to peer at the glass once more. “What in the world?” I mumbled. “Is this a mask?”




            I dared to reach my hands up and pull at the horrible face that seemed to be mine. It didn’t lift up like a mask, and I could feel my fingers pinching. How could it even be possible? That skin color… that hair color!



            It was far too much to take! Consciousness made an escape and I didn’t even feel myself fall backwards.



            While passed out, the words of that witch came back to me. She wanted to take my money and looks. Could… Could she have done it?



            When I awoke, I checked out the place I’d been dropped. A chill ran through me and I felt as though the words, “Welcome home,” were whispered in my ear.



            “There is no way any of this is real,” I told myself. “I’m probably just dreaming. And if she did have something to do with this, then she couldn’t possibly just leave me here forever. I’ll play this little game until I wake up or that witch comes to her senses.”



            There was not much to do, so I played with the mirror for a while. It wasn’t as fun as it had been, although it was kind of an oddity to see that face looking back at me, moving its mouth in time with my words.



            I struggled trying to recite some old lines from a play I once starred in called The Cafeteria. I hadn’t needed to work on my charisma in some time, and I found myself flopping over my words whenever I tried to work with emotion. “C’mon Vienna, get it right! She can’t have made you a terrible speaker as well.”
I took your money, fame, and body. IF you had had any skill, I would have taken that as well.
“Who said that?” I growled, and received no response. Perhaps I was just going insane.



            Crazy or not, I soon began to feel my stomach rumble pleas to be fed. Lucky for me, the ice-cream truck seemed to have made a stop in front of my stupid two-wall shack. A strange business decision, but who was I to question it?



            The only good thing about being stuck into such a disgusting thing, is that I could finally enjoy a sweet treat without guilt. The delicious strawberry freezer bunny stole my mind away from my predicament for a couple of minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Wowee that is quite a transformation, prettification is definitely in order!

    ReplyDelete