Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Aging



            Aspen spent most of her time with her creepy doll, although she did seem to hold a lick of distaste towards it as well.



            Even if I wasn’t exactly the typical image of proud parent, no child of mine would go through life not learning its basic skills. I started her lessons with walking and using the toilet. Hopefully there would be no more diapers in my near future.



            More money would be needed once she grew older. Our living situation could only become more awkward.



            Thankfully, I was promoted to being a séance holder. This meant that I not only had to take care of the wispy spirits, but also ghosts that were possessing furniture.



            Some, more cowardly, sims might have been frightened by this. Not me though. If anything, I found it quite boring. Although, people in the city might be curious about my profession. Perhaps I could bring my new expertise to the silver screen once I was returned to my proper life.



            I returned to the potion shop nearly every night after I hung up my banshee banisher. They always seemed to be out of my magical friendship elixir, but I was building a nice little acquaintanceship with the cashier. And I still enjoyed light chatter with her even after she got old.



            Despite her being a toddler, Aspen had still not grown out of spitefully crying when I was resting.



            Because of her, I was usually exhausted when heading towards a job. Especially when it including scanning every inch of a rich hick’s property for ghosts. Seeing a lovely sequestered nursery made me think the world was jeering at me.



            I was a professional though, and was always able to conquer my lack of sleep in order to get the job done. Ghosts could not hide from me.



            And once I located them, I’d zap them up. Dr. Allison suggested topics I could try discussing with them to convince them to move on to the correct afterlife. I found sucking them up into a canister to be a much quicker process.



            Besides, some of them could be dangerous. And I just didn’t feel as if I could spare the time to pretend to be interested in a hick, let alone a dead one.



            I could really feel the pinch of my own mortality when I aged into a full adult.  I’d always imagined that there’d be a specialty hour on television to welcome me into adulthood. It’d be filled with famous guest stars and expensive juice and a general air of admiration. Instead, I was outside the ‘secret’ criminal base of some stupid town all by myself.


2 comments:

  1. Aww Vienna, nobody likes getting older, whether it's televised or not. The ghost hunting thing seems interesting, I've never okayed that career even though I have the EP. Maybe I'll give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a lot of fun. I'm trying to play with all the careers/professions I've skipped over before sims 4 comes out. I didn't think I'd like ghost hunting, but there's something relaxing about giant capture guns and upset spirits. :)

      Delete