Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Snow Cones



            I woke up wearing saggy material fit for a dog on top of an almost familiar bed. I was still in the Hell that I had hoped was just a nightmare. I locked my jaw, preparing to face the day.



            Hunger pierced me as soon as I was to my feet. I’d never been so hungry before. I had been ‘generously’ gifted a grill, but it was useless without a fridge.



            As much as I wanted to eat, I really didn’t want to face anymore horrible people. So, I decided to act out my role in the television show, Teenagers Stranded on an Island, and scavenged my large plot of land for anything to eat. I found a bug, and for one awful minute I thought about eating it. I got over that and decided just to hold onto it.



            I found huge seeds, but absolutely refused to eat seed porridge. I mean, it wasn’t medieval times.



            A caught a turtle as well, aptly naming him Not Food. Then I decided to submit and face looking around town again.



            I went back to that small park and discovered that it’d gone through a massive transformation. Instead of hay bales, there were games and activities. It was tacky, but I could smell food.



            Nobody was around, so our meeting was actually very pleasant. I saw him from across the festival and knew that it was love.



            A snow cone machine. And a free one at that! I’d never been worried about money until I woke up with only some pocket change to my name.



            I went with cherry first, savoring the way it fell into my empty stomach. I wanted to have about a dozen more, but people started to turn up.



            I wanted to stick around longer, so I decided to spend some of my precious few simoleons on face paint. I figured a kitty face covering mine might make me less hideous.



            Of course it turned out like this.



            I treated myself to some more shaved ice, grape this time.



            And then I did just about the only other free activity there: pick flowers. There were a ton of them though.



            My miserable situation got to me when I realized I was almost having fun with that pedestrian activity. Oh how I missed my fancy things and fame. My heart ached for my past beaus that were models and actors. I even missed a few of the ugly fiancés. At least when I was with them, people looked at me like some kind of saint. Not a monster.



            In an attempt to feel better, I washed my hands in the sink.


            I also tried to clean my hair, but that didn’t work out so well.



            I went back to washing my hands until the sink grew dirty. I’d had no idea how poor my hygiene had gotten. There wasn’t a shower in my shed.



            I escaped back to the spot where I landed and was shocked to discover bills waiting for me. Who the hell would pay to live there?



            Me, turns out. The bills left me with just twelve simoleons.



            I remembered all the flowers I picked and set them out. I couldn’t afford to buy anything useful, so the least I could do was pretty my place up a bit. It didn’t really work though. Actually, it made me feel even more disgusting.

2 comments:

  1. That face paint was hilarious! Was it a hlk theme or something :p poor old Vienna, you're gonna have to get a job and stop hiding if you're going to survive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That face paint was horrible! It was supposed to be a tiger. It reminded me of when I got stuck on face painting duty at our school fair. There were some mighty unhappy moms haha.

      Delete