Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Friday, May 23, 2014

Back to Work



            It is insane to think about how thrilled I actually was to return to my bizarre job. Aspen did not make for a good companionship, and that is really saying something when the alternate company was a bunch of ghosts.



            I nearly left my first gig before even starting it though. The woman coming out of the house was styled like a witch and it left a bad taste in my eyes.



            All it took to get me to work was a mental reminder of baby screams.



            I collected my spirits for the night and brought them all in to Dr. Allison’s office immediately. There was no point to growing sentimental towards them at all; something would happen to cause me to be in a stretch for simoleons. Might as well get it over with when the babysitter had been paid either way.



            I returned to Aspen tired from working, but a bit fresher faced than the previous days with her. Having not been around babies, I did not know how to play with them. She seemed to like it enough when I bounced her a bit though.



            The next night after I finished my ghost catching duties, I was called to city hall. This time I was given a medal for something. The only person around to award it to me was a janitor, so I did not consider it prestigious enough to be worn. Perhaps I’d hang it on the wall.



            While I was out receiving my bum award, Aspen aged into a toddler. The expensive teenager I paid to sit around and do close to nothing was kind enough to send me a picture.



            Seeing Aspen’s new face on my screen inspired me to take a peek at the potion shop once again. I was hoping they’d have more of that friendship elixir in stock, and then I could try for another child with an even better looking man. The woman told me they were out though, and I dejectedly returned to my shed.



            Aspen greeted me as a tot greets their mother, but I found it a bit hard to look at her. She ditched my greenish skin color, which was the only improvement I noticed. Hadn’t she inherited any genetics from her father?



            It was going to take at least a dozen generations to wear this curse off!



            Aspen shared in my laments.



2 comments:

  1. Poor baby, she took after her mother... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. At least she isn't green an food her ears are flattish. Vienna seems to be warming to her a little... Maybe? :p

    ReplyDelete