Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Step Three



            The formalwear the witch stuck me with was like wearing carpet, but it was much better than those awful jeans. My change in hair surprised me. At first, I thought she’d been merciful and given me a chance to have a less raggedy cut. Then I noticed how pronounced my ears were and became sure that was the haircut’s intent. No matter, it was still a slight improvement. I felt the silly need to gussy up before I adventured out to find the man to complete step two.
            “So witchy,” I said out loud, patting the potion I tucked away in my pocket. “I’m about to complete your request. What’s next?”
You’re a cheater,” she sighed into my head.
I nearly laughed. “You never said I couldn’t have a little help.”
Step Three, obviously, is to conceive a child.
Well, that would be easy enough.



            I ventured to my go-to place in the hick town. Just as I was coming through the gate, I saw a perfect candidate. I followed him into the restroom building and crept in for a closer look. He was tall and strong and had gorgeous eyes. I knew I’d found him.



            I whipped out the potion and threw it down at his feet. He was about to become one of the luckiest men in the world; he was about to romance Vienna DeMarco.



            A glowing blue fog came between us for a few moments. I could feel my brain being littered with useless facts about the man, Elliot Parr. He was quite the heartbreaker around town, although he was a bit on the nutty side.



            I waved like the close chums we now were and he snarled at me. It was possible he knew exactly what I’d done to him, but I didn’t care much as long as he did his duty.



            To test the waters, I broke into his personal space. He didn’t push me away, so I took the opportunity to whisper in his ear. “I have an idea of how to put those hay bales outside to good use.”



            Then he really did push me a bit.



            “You’re insane!” he shouted. “What did you throw at me?”
“You needn’t be so rude to your best friend! I just thought we could turn the heat up a few notches.”
“I don’t know you! You’re… you’re some kind of freak!”



            Fed up with how I’d given up my floating spirits for a piece of junk potion, I had the nerve to give him a quick slap. Nobody needed to speak to me like that. “I am Vienna DeMarco!”



            Next thing I know, he’s groping me passionately in front of a crowd of festival goers. Maybe getting him angry was the heat he needed? It didn’t matter, just so long as I could get him to give me a baby.



            I marched out to the stacks of hay off to the side of the park. He lingered behind, checking for any curious eyes.



            When the coast was clear, I pleasantly learned that the witch had not taken everything away from me. I still had a particular skillset that I’d spent years perfecting.



            Elliot seemed to enjoy himself well enough. And I felt the best that I had since the curse, striding with pride. Even the thought that I might be pregnant couldn’t harm my mood.



            I parted ways with the man, no longer having use for him, and wandered the park for a bit. I ignored all the stares and glares, knowing that I was one step closer to being better than everyone in that hick town combined. As a memento, I picked another flower before heading back to my shed. It smelled sweeter than the rest.


3 comments:

  1. Haha! Love it, she smacks him and he makes out with her! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story so much X3 I can't wait to see what sort of child she has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's one way to get a man! Lol at her "retained skill set".

    ReplyDelete