Vienna DeMarco

Vienna DeMarco

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Stylist and a Maid



            “Let’s see here Jellybean, what style do you see yourself in? High fashion? Casual sporty? Dark and mysterious alternative?”
“I suppose I’ve never thought about that before.”
“We’ve gotta get you out of that suit though. People are going to think you’re a pedo if you walk around the streets in that getup!”
“I’ll leave it in your hands. Whatever you think would best suit me.”
“Yay!” I cheered and clapped my hands. The rummage through my family’s spare clothes began and I didn’t really turn up much. At least, not much that would fit him. I just had to look harder! I’d already spent so much time working at that Watcher-awful mullet. The right combination of clothes had to be there.
            Eventually I settled on an old pair of Han’s jeans and some jacket that probably belonged to Claudey or Dad. Or maybe Dad’s husband.
 

 
            “Well Jellybean, I did the best with what I had.” I rubbed my neck and examined him sitting on the bed. Truthfully, he was pretty hot now that he had cleaned up. I’d snuck a few peeks of his body while he changed—you know, just to make sure the potion didn’t rip him off at all—and I was impressed!
“Hey Issy? There is one change I’d like to suggest.”
“Oh yeah? What’s that?”
“Perhaps, now that I’m a human, you could find a more suitable name than Jellybean?”
 


            Dad still nagged me about it being best that JB lived down in the cellar while we were teenagers. He had the place set up well enough for someone to survive (why I had no clue), but it was boring as heck! Still, we made due, finding fun wherever we could.
 


            I could tell he was sad whenever I had to go, but that made the reunions sweeter.
 


            Meanwhile, the rest of my family was as oblivious as ever. They went about their days not knowing about my secret living down below.



            Spending more time with JB in the cellar, meant that things were going to hell in my house. Nobody was cleaning anything! It’s as if they thought I, the heir, was some kind of maid.
 


            “Please Narissa, could you just use your magic and get rid of this mess?”


 
            I supposed I could give them a helping hand.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment